Monday, February 20, 2012

HootSuite

According to their website HootSuite is“the leading social media dashboard to manage and measure your social networks”. I took the quick tour to get a quick run down of what this tool actually does. I have heard good things about HootSuite. It was easy to create my account using my Google account, and easy to add twitter to the feeds. Eventually I might try to add Facebook too, see if it makes it easier to follow everything if it is all in one place.
I have added a few hash tags to follow and I really like the way I can see them all at the same time. I must admit paging side to side through the lists isn’t as fun on my laptop as it is on an iPad, iPhone, or iPod…. But perhaps someday soon I will share in the fun with other iPad users.
The hash tags I have added were suggested to me: school district, school, provincial education. I will try to find some more to follow over the next week or so.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Haley,

    I've been having fun with hash tags as well, and using TweetDeck and Twitterrific. I just added #parentengagement as an interesting topic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the info on HootSuite. Exploring it has been on my to-do list. Your post has motivated me!

    ReplyDelete