Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Tablet Woes!

First of all, sadly, I am not implying by the title that I finally got an iPad. But the current (less than satisfactory) laptop tablet I have in my class has been annoying me for months! The screen has always been so sensitive that it thinks I am writing when my stylus was nowhere near the screen! The results were hard for students to read, and difficult for me to write - even semi-legibly!

It got to the point where I would rather write on the board than use technology! I finally started asking around, and tried updating the laptop's drivers, but that didn't work. Then I tried with the specific stylus program and searched around online for an update of that one. It took an hour or two of searching, and updating, and restarting (you know the drill) but the good (well great) news is that it is finally fixed! Now I can write notes on the tablet without my equals signs looking like z's! And my writing doesn't join up (unless I want it to that is).


I think my lesson here was that I shouldn't just settle for the way things are. If things are bothering me I should change them, or try to fix them! Enter Job Action :)

No comments:

Post a Comment