Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Moodle

I have been working on starting my Moodle website for my Math classes. With a huge help from Michael (our district tech helping teacher) for inputting all my students I have set up the account. I have now uploaded all my outlines and daily notes. My hope is that students will be looking here daily for notes (especially if they miss a class).

First I changed my background. It is a nature scene that changes each time you log in. Here are some 'leafy' examples.



Then I started uploading my files (in PDF format)


When students log on they will see a list for uploads from their course only


And when they click on a file they can view the notes, and catch up on any missed work!


I am hoping this will make my life easier by putting more ownership on the students to know what they are missing rather than me chasing them up. Now when they say they haven't done their homework because they weren't here for the notes I reply "but I am sure you went on the moodle site to get caught up!"

No comments:

Post a Comment