Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Animoto

I was just falling asleep last night when I suddenly remembered a district Pro-D day I had been to last year. I went to a book talk by two middle school librarians (which was great by the way) but they examples of "book trailers" that students had created using Animoto (I had to get out of bed to dig trough all my papers before I found the program they had used). I am planning to look into this program for my inquiry project (replacing google education apps). After about 10 minutes I had already produced my first video. And about 9 minutes and 30 seconds of that was choosing a song, and which pictures I would include. Now it isn't a book trailer, but for 30 seconds effort and a new program I don't think it is a bad first attempt. I do need to look into the program a bit more. You only get to make 30 second videos in the free program. I wonder if they have educational licenses....

Make your own slideshow at Animoto.

2 comments:

  1. I too love this tool. I found it really easy to use for such a great end result. They do have an educational account that offers you more options. Good job- it makes me want to go to Europe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I noticed they had an Educational account. Do you have one? I was wondering if they look into it much. Or as long as you have a school email do you get an account?

    ReplyDelete