Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Wading Through Pinterest

I am not sure what was up with Pinterest last night, but my page wouldn't load. It seems to be working today though. I am trying to get things posted to my board. I think this is a great way to get ideas and organize them, and agree with Elisa Calder in this Macleans article that "it’s really easy to consume. You’re just staring at pictures. It’s really addictive.”

I tried to find some Math related Pins to post to my Mathness board, but everything I found seemed related to Elementary Math. I am not sure how much educational use I will get out of this site, but I think I will be able to get some wonderful ideas for my personal life such as decorating, renovating, and cooking ideas!

You can see my Pinterest Board here

I wish you could change layout, and backgrounds more like a real pinboard. Based on what my friends were saying, I thought this would be more like Glogster with the way you can "pin" things and change the layout.

3 comments:

  1. The trick is to start finding your own "pins" and not just repin from the Pinterest site. Once I started to do this, I got much more educational value. I do still repin quite a few things from Pinterest, but they tend to be more personal rather than professional. You can get a "Pin This" button to add to your browser toolbar which is very handy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the suggestion Lenora. I have added the pin this button to my browser now.

      Delete
  2. I know what you mean about changing the layout. I find it frustrating that I can't rearrange my pins the way I want them to look.

    ReplyDelete