Monday, March 5, 2012

Games

With all this talk of Game-Based Learning I have been concentrating on how I can use Web 2.0 to do this. But I am forgetting that there are great classic games out there that can be used for learning in a Math classroom. In the classes that I teach this year A&W and Foundations there are specific game, strategy, and problem solving learning outcomes. Games such as these would be a great way to teach these skills in a classroom. According to Chris Hunter's blog each secondary school in Surrey received these games this year. Some of these are better than others, but I am really interested in Blokus Duo,Top This!, Tip Over and Quarto.

Some of the games on this list are also available online such as Rush Hour. And I have always liked (be careful they are addicting!) Phit and Bloxorz

No comments:

Post a Comment